Weco's Terms of Service
This Terms of Service ("Terms") was written in English (US). This Terms is the legitimate agreement by and between You and Weco app and Mesa Nova Technology Ltd. (Our company name). The legal registered address of our company: A105, 1st Floor, Xinyisheng Industrial Building, 18 Shing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong. To the extent any translated version of Terms agreement conflicts against the English version,this English version prevails.
Date of Last Revision: April 22, 2021
You should read Terms in full because they apply every time you visit Weco, and is the terms of service that governs the relationship between the users who interact with Weco, as well as Weco brands, products and services, which We call the "Weco Services" or "Services". By using or accessing the Weco Services, you agree to this Terms. However, just in case you ever need a reminder of the main points, here’s a quick basic Terms:
1. You will not use Weco Services if you are under 18.
2. We’re not responsible for any materials that you post or address while you are using Weco and We don’t monitor the contents in your personal devices, but if We find or someone alerts about your inappropriate activities, We will, in our sole discretions, remove such materials.
4. You will not use Weco to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
The full legal bit
Weco is a free social app provides you the most simple and reliable way to connect with new friends nearby or around the world. With Weco you can find interesting people and moments near you "Nearby" or from other places around the world "Global Roaming". And you can share yourself and post any kind of the exciting moments of your life in "Discover", You can also get followers and likes from all over the world. With Weco you can send free text, voice, video, photo messages, and add various kinds of stickers to your friends "Chats". It is intended to be a fun place to visit and it is important to us (and for you) that it remains a safe and friendly environment so you agree that you will only use Weco in a manner consistent with its purpose and which is in accordance with the Terms.
The Terms apply whenever you use Weco, whether or not you have chosen to register with us, so please read them carefully. By accessing, using, registering for or receiving services offered on Weco (the "Services") you are accepting and agreeing to be bound by the Terms.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THE TERMS THEN YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE APP OR SITE.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You are able to post all kinds of things on Weco, including photographs, messages and other content ("Content"). You own all of the content and information you post on Weco, and you can control how it is shared through your "Privacy" and "Application Settings". While there are some rules about what is acceptable though, so when you are using Weco you may not post or send any Content which:
1. contains expletives or language which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
2. is obscene, pornographic or otherwise may offend human dignity;
3. is abusive, insulting or threatening, or which promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry;
4. encourages any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred, hateful content or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offence;
5. is defamatory;
6. relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers);
7. involves the transmission of "junk" mail or "spam";
8. contains any spy ware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information whether from Weco or otherwise;
9. itself, or the posting of which, infringes any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights);
10. shows drugs or drug use;
11. shows political content;
12. shows another person which was created or distributed without that person’s consent
13. other contents that in the judgement of Weco that are negative contents or otherwise not suitable for distribution; or
14. contains the information, comment or any other forms of content about a person who is under 18 years old.
15. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Weco, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
Please use your common sense when picking the Content that you choose to post on or send via Weco because you are solely responsible for, and bear all liability in relation to, such Content.
3. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights and do our best to keep Weco safe, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on Weco that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on Weco if we believe that it violates this Terms or our policies.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
7. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Weco.
8. You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
4. Registration and Account
Weco users required nick name, age, gender, avatar and other optional information, and we need your help to keep it that way. We provide three ways to access Weco, Facebook, Google and SMS. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not use Weco if you are under 18.
2. You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
3. You will not provide any false personal information on Weco, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
4. If we disable your account, you will not post any content on Weco except contact with official assistant which we called "Weco Team".
5. We reserve the right to destroy or ban your account if we believe it is appropriate.
6. We will recommend your profile as an "Feature User" or your moment as "Hot Moment" to other users.
If you violate the Terms, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, then we reserve the right at our sole discretion, at any time and without liability or the need to give you prior notice or to refund any unused services to:
1. suspend or revoke your registration (where applicable) and your right to access and/or use Weco or submit any Content to Weco; and
2. make use of any operational, technological, legal, or other means available to enforce the Terms (including without limitation blocking specific IP addresses).
We will try (but we are not obliged) to notify you if your access to Weco and/or your Profile is to be or has been suspended or terminated.
5. In App Purchase and Subscription
In App Purchases. From time to time, Weco may offer additional products and services for purchase through the App Store ℠, Google Play or other application platforms ("in app purchases"). If you choose to make an in app purchase, you will be prompted to enter details for your account with the mobile platform you are using (e.g., Apple, Android, etc.) ("your IAP Account"), and your IAP Account will be charged for the in app purchase in accordance with the terms disclosed to you at the time of purchase as well as the general terms for in app purchases that apply to your IAP Account. If you purchase an auto-recurring periodic subscription through an in app purchase, your IAP Account will be billed continuously for the subscription until you cancel in accordance with the platform terms. In call cases, please refer to the terms of your application platform which apply to your in app purchases.
What can I buy on Weco?
Weco offers you the opportunity to pay for certain services offered on the site. Weco’s VIP services include various opportunities to find and meet additional people, to customise your profile and to boost your profile so more people find you. Weco also offers the ability to play various games on the sit and we also offer different virtual image purchases. All of these VIP services can be purchased after you register, and you may subscribe to the VIP services for various lengths of time. Once you have paid for any VIP services, they are non-refundable. You can change your Auto Top-up at anytime in your payment settings on your profile page. The pricing may vary due to a number of factors, such as (but not limited to) promotional offers, loyalty bonuses and other discounts that might apply to your age group.
How do I renew my VIP services with Weco?
Once you have requested a Weco VIP Service, you authorise Weco to charge your chosen payment method. If you want to cancel or change your payment method at any time, you can do so either via the payment settings option under your profile or by contacting your mobile service provider. If your chosen payment method is via your mobile service provider, then please check with them about their payment terms, as their payment terms will govern how payments to Weco are made as well as how such payments may be changed or cancelled. Your subscription to Weco’s VIP services will automatically renew until you decide to cancel, and if you have enabled the auto top-up feature, your account will automatically be topped up until you decide to disable this feature.
1. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period;
2. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal;
3. Subscriptions can be managed by the user: auto-renewal can be turned off by going to the user‘s Account Settings after purchase;
4. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
1. Weco offers a feature allowing users to purchase virtual currency which we called "Weco Coins" for use within the Service (i.e. as a "tip" to another Weco Broadcaster for their live show, or send Gift to your friends on chat). You acknowledge and agree that your distribution of any Coins currently in your account, as a virtual "tip" to any other user's account, is made solely at your own discretion; you further understand that once you have confirmed a transfer of Coins to another user's account, the action cannot be undone and the Coins cannot be withdrawn.
2. The value (i.e. the exchange rate) of the Coins is determined by Weco based on your country of origin, and Weco further reserves the right to modify the purchase exchange rate between actual currency and virtual Coins from time to time, with or without reason, in its sole discretion. By your use of the Service, you confirm your understanding of and accept the then-current exchange rate of any Coins at the time of your purchase.
4. If your account is terminated by Weco for cause, any outstanding Coins remaining in your account at the time of termination may be confiscated and will not be recoverable in Weco's sole and absolute discretion.
5. You understand that the purchase of Coins requires actual money. If you disagree with any part of, or do not fully understand our exchange rate policy, please refrain from purchasing or using any Coins in connection with the Service.
Some of the Weco Services are supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Weco may place such advertising and promotions on the Weco Services or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
You can report any abuse or complain about Content on Weco. We provide "Block" and "Report" function for user to help us keep Weco clean and safe. You can report a user directly from a profile, by clicking the "Report" on their profile, choosing the reason for the complaint. You can also report a moment directly by clicking the "Report" on moment detail page, choosing the reason for the complaint. All the report will be verified by our "Audit Team" and make corresponding process according to the actual situation based on our policies. If you believe we process it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal via "Feedback" email@example.com. We will always try our best to help resolve any issue that you may encounter with our service.
8. Proprietary Rights in Content on Weco
1. Weco does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Weco Services. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Weco Services, you hereby grant to Weco a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content not shared publicly ("private") will not be distributed outside the Weco Services.
2. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Weco Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the Weco Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the Weco Services.
3. The Weco Services contain Content of Weco ("Weco Content"). Weco Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Weco owns and retains all rights in the Weco Content and the Weco Services. Weco hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Weco Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Site and using the Weco Services.
4. The Weco Services contain Content of Users and other Weco licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Weco Services.
5. Weco performs technical functions necessary to offer the Weco Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Weco Services.
6. Although the Site and other Weco Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site or other Weco Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Weco. Also, although Weco will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, Weco reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Weco in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Weco encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Weco is not a backup service. Weco will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Weco Services, or the loss of any Content.
9. Disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Weco expressly excludes:
1. all conditions, representations, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
2. any liability incurred by you arising from use of Weco, its services or these terms and conditions, including without limitation for any claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses or expenses of whatever nature and howsoever direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (however arising including negligence), loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a computer or electronic virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, wasted management or office time, breach of contract or claims of third parties or other losses of any kind or character, even if Weco has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of Weco. This limitation on liability applies to, but is not limited to, the transmission of any disabling device or virus that may infect your equipment, failure or mechanical or electrical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems (e.g., you cannot access your internet service provider), unauthorized access, theft, bodily injury (other than caused by our negligence), property damage, operator errors, strikes or other labor problems or any act of god in connection with Weco including, without limitation, any liability for loss of revenue or income, loss of profits or contracts, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goodwill, loss of data, wasted management or office time and any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable whether arising directly or indirectly.
3. For clearance of doubt, although Weco is under no obligation to assumes responsibility or liability arising from the activities you are engaging, nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information while you are using Service. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Weco will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Weco to disclose the identity of any user that is engaging in any illegal activities.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Weco, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Weco Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that one of your User Status Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive this Terms and your use of the Weco Service. We don't support or encourage illegal consumption of alcohol or tobacco, so there.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong, without regard to the choice of law principles. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre(“HKIAC”) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the HKIAC for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause. The seat of the arbitration shall be Hong Kong. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services. we may provide notice on the Website if we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement.
13. About us
Weco app and Website owned and operated by Mesa Nova Technology Ltd.. You can download our app from Google Play Store for Android Devices and from AppStore for iOS devices. Here are some Social Media Network links below you may interest. Thank you for supporting us. If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Terms or Weco Services, they should be directed to Weco via firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Non-refundable policy
All purchases or Virtual Items made through the APP are final, Non-refundable, non-transferable under any circumstances. For avoidance of doubt, in regarding to any services, product by you, you are not allowed to refund or transfer the virtual items to other service, products or conversion into cash.